Tentative agenda and registration form now available.
The On September 29, 2009, a group of appraisers came together for a meeting in Nashville to discuss the possibility of forming a state-wide coalition to promote and protect the legitimate interests of appraisers in our state. Because of the strong commitment shown by the appraisers at this meeting and other appraisers across our state; and after a series of additional group discussions, TAC was formally launched. Tennessee Appraiser Coalition (TAC) was founded as a non-profit corporation in Tennessee on January 5, 2010 by approximately 80 appraisers across the state. The formal launch of TAC represented the culmination of many months and years of informal discussions between appraisers from across our state about public policies and other important issues affecting our profession.
A Political Action Committee (TAC-PAC) was formed and within the first year drafted legislation that was passed to regulate Appraisal Management Companies (AMC’s) in the state of Tennessee. A clause in the legislation makes it illegal to force an appraiser to sign an indemnification clause. In addition, AMC’s must register and become licensed in the state of Tennessee. Legislative issues like this which concern the appraisal profession continue to be the main purpose of the TAC. TAC has since had a voice in Tennessee and not only supports numerous state candidates through our TAC-PAC but also had an influential voice is the passage of HB3191/SB 3155.
2. Made it illegal to force any appraiser to sign an indemnification clause
3. Supported legislation to remove the 30 day requirement for Real Estate Appraisers to file before expiration of license or certification.
4. Supported legislation requiring fingerprints for real estate appraiser applications. This is with Federal compliance per the Frank Dodd Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010
5. Joined with A La Mode, Inc., in community partnership Program. Working together with the CPP supports the appraisal industry and serves as an advocate for appraisers.
6. Sponsored Continuing Educational Opportunities.
Please take the time to review our ‘How to Join’ section. We have tried to make joining TAC an easy decision and hope you will support our efforts.
We need all appraisers in Tennessee to join and help TAC stay strong.